With a population of 166, Page began as Pleasant Valley in 1882. The focal point of this community was a sod building that was erected in the northwest quarter of the section one half south of the present site of Page, Nebraska.
This sod structure served as a school, community meeting place and place of worship until 1890. At this time all of the settlers of Pleasant Valley worked together and helped each other. This interaction of the settlers would lead to the building of friendships that would last their entire lives and into today. Today, we are very proud of our Pleasant Valley Heritage.
Official community website - www.pagene.us